CHIEF DIGITAL OFFICER
The Information and Communications Technology Association of Zambia (ICTAZ) invites, on behalf of a competitive institution, applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the position of a CHIEF DIGITAL OFFICER (CDO) to be based at their Head Office in Lusaka. The job holder will be reporting to the Group Chief Executive Officer.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, QUALITIES & COMPETENCIES
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or a related field.
• Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
• Project Management
• 10+years’ Experience
• Management and leadership skills.
• Experience in leading teams, end user support, infrastructure, applications, and software development.
• Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities.
• Excellent communication, collaboration, and delegation skills.
• Knowledge of Linux/Unix, Mac OSX, Windows OS Microsoft and SQL Server.
• An ICTAZ member with a valid Practising Certificate
The CDO will undertake market research and data analytics to provide innovative solutions for product development and competitiveness and business growth and assist with information driven decision making across the Group Companies. DUTIES
Technology Leadership and People Management
• Understand the Group’s mission, vision, and overall business objectives.
• Provide Technology leadership, direction and innovation to the Group Companies aligned to each business strategy.
• Fully integrate into the Group Companies’ executive team and commit to agreed business outcomes.
Management of both internal and external resources in ICT to achieve agreed outcomes.
• Build diverse, high performing ICT teams in the Group Companies that support delivery of business outcomes which are best practice in a global context.
The Chief Digital Officer will be responsible for formulating strategies for each subsidiary company aligned to the overall Group strategy, contributing to strategy formulation and enabling adoption and adaptation of Group technology while leveraging synergies and cost optimization.
Responsible for building exciting career paths for all ICT Teams in the Group.
• Ensure that ICT teams are technically up-to-date in line with future skill requirements.
• Ensure stability of systems/applications
• End-to-end accountability of reliable systems/applications. This includes any services (internal or external) required to support the applications.
• Elimination of single points of failure and ensuring that all critical process flows are isolated on own infrastructure.
• Full resilience of all ICT services and tested in line with policies.
• Ensure that all applications are up to date, all critical patching are done and operating on supported infrastructure.
• Perform ongoing optimization and improvement of systems
• End-to-end monitoring of all systems.
• Conduct market research and perform analytics using information and communication technologies (ICTs) for innovation and business growth.
• Plan, manage and monitor research activities and evaluate emerging trends in the information and communication technology field to assess their relevance.
• Survey and investigate recent trends and developments in technology. Observe and anticipate their evolution, according to current or future market and business conditions.
• Design and oversee staff training on the use of new technology and recommend ways to adopt new products and solutions to maximise benefits for the organisation.
• Lead cross-functional projects using advanced data modelling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization of opportunities.
• Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics support to support key business decisions.
• Build systems to transform raw data into actionable business information.
• Design and build technical processes to address business issues.
• Oversee the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyse business functions and key operations and performance metrics.
• Ensure accuracy of data and deliverables of reporting employees.
• Manage and optimize processes for data intake, validation, mining and engineering as well as modelling, visualization and communication deliverables.
• Examine, interpret, and report results of analytical initiatives to stakeholders in leadership, technology, sales, marketing and product teams.
• Develop and implement quality controls and departmental standards to meet organizational expectations, and regulatory requirements.
• Anticipate future demands related to people, technology, budgets and business within the department and provide ICT-based solutions to meet these needs.
• Organize and drive successful completion of data insight initiatives through effective management of data analytics employees and effective collaboration with stakeholders.
• Communicate results and business impacts of insight initiatives to stakeholders within and outside of the company.
Technology Cost and Business Management
• Providing each business unit with affordable and scalable technologies to respond to business objectives.
• Constantly look for ways to innovate and optimize on resources and information.
• Controlling, monitoring and evaluating capital expenditure and operation expenses associated with ICTs in the Group.
• Manage end-to-end technology costs to the agreed budgets and plans.
• Ensure effective asset management (hardware and software) across the Group of Companies
• Manage critical vendor relationships.
• Work with the Executive Committee in each subsidiary company to enable the delivery of end-to-end business transformation, take responsibility and accountability for the design and delivery of agreed technology and associated organizational changes.
• Ensure on changes in ICT strategies in line with the Group’s strategic plans.
• Ensure on time budget delivery of all change initiatives across the Group
• Enable straight through processing (STP) and digitization of a customer’s journey across the business unit and where necessary the entire Group.
• Embedding new ways of work such as Agile and DevOps.
Risk Management and Compliance
• Drive a culture of risk management and compliance.
• Ensure teams adhere to Group-wide policies and procedures.
• Pro-active management of risks and issues.
• Timeous resolution of audit and control matters.
• Single point of contact in the Group and resolution of all cyber security matters.
• Responsible for secure build of all new technology.
• Responsible for ongoing protection against potential cyber-attacks and security vulnerabilities
Suitably qualified individuals should send applications, attaching their current CVs with traceable references, copy of NRC and professional/academic certificates, to The Group Human Resource Manager at email@example.com.
Your email subject must be in the format as the example below ONLY, failure to which your application will be considered not valid.
Chief Digital Officer (your full name in brackets) e.g. “Chief Digital Officer (Mukelebai Mumba)”
The closing date for receiving of the applications is Sunday 12th November 2023 at 23:59 hrs.
*Please note that all emails that will be received after the deadline will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
*Should you have any questions or need clarifications, contact ICTAZ Chief Executive Officer on +260 975 504321 or +260 950 504321. Please do not send them to the email address provided for submission of the application.