The ICT Association of Zambia (ICTAZ) is a corporate body established through the Information and Communications Technology Association of Zambia Act No.7 of 2018 to regulate the ICT Professionals and the ICT practice.
The Registrar, who is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), reports to the Executive Council and is responsible for providing overall leadership to the Secretariat in order to execute on behalf of ICTAZ, the statutory functions of registering and regulating the ICT Professionals and Organizations in accordance with provisions of the ICTAZ Act and the ICTAZ Constitution. The Registrar therefore oversees all operations, functions and activities of the Secretariat.
• Enforces the ICTAZ strategies, policies and procedures aimed at attaining its mandate.
• Registers and de-registers ICT Professionals and Organizations or Units in accordance with the Law.
• Conducting research and analyses of operational effectiveness, processes, stakeholders, etc.
• Planning, implementing and managing proposed recommendations and projects.
• Licenses and revokes Licenses for ICT Professionals and Organizations or Units in accordance with the Law.
• Serves as Secretary and Convener of all Organs and Committees of ICTAZ.
• Conducts regular resource planning and develops annual budgets and implements controls to ensure prudent application of the Institution’s resources
• Develops a conducive work culture, good work ethics and corporate governance in the Institution
• Reports and provides pertinent advice to the ICTAZ Council on the performance of the Institution.
• Cultivates and nurtures good relations with the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ), stakeholders, regional and international bodies and institutions to foster cooperation and goodwill necessary for the success of ICTAZ
• Engaging key stakeholders – CEOs and C-level executives to raise the profile of ICTAZ
• Develop transformative business solutions and introduce capabilities that align to ICTAZ mandate and Business strategies
• Develop customer service strategies to enhance revenue potential and work to increase the membership base
• Responsible for the overall financial management of the Association to ensure that financial targets are met and that the Association is run prudently.
• Responsible for the timely production of financial statements for internal and external consumption.
• Responsible for ensuring that all audits are conducted yearly and that the audit reports together with annual reports are prepared for both internal and external consumption.
• Shall ensure to prepare all reports to be presented at the AGM’s and ensure that corporate governance is adopted by proposing and putting in place such measures as deemed fit to support the members requests.
• Ensure adequate capacity plan is in place to meet business growth and transformative projects
• Shall propose business ventures and activities and shall provide steer in major Business driven projects to ensure maximum revenue accrues to the Association.
• Facilitate/coordinate business-facing forums, AGM, and all the functions of the Association and involve the relevant Council Committees.
• Participate on all Technology forums on behalf of the Association, to mainly further the accomplishment of the goals of the association as well as bring about awareness of ICTAZ
• Ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/IT or a related field of study preferred.
• Full Grade 12 Certificate
• A Masters qualification in Computer Science/IT/Business Administration will be an added advantage
• Any qualification in Public Relations/Marketing/Strategy will be an added advantage
• 3-5 years of experience in senior management, consulting or strategic planning.
• Excellent understanding of business operations and procedures.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Outstanding research and analytical abilities.
• Project management skills.
• Strong leadership skills.
• A fully paid up Full Member of ICTAZ
TERM OF OFFICE : 3 years renewable contract based on performance
REPORTING TO : Executive Council
Interested candidates meeting the above qualifications and demonstrating a high level of professionalism and integrity should send their applications letters, copies of certificates and Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: Previous applicants need not apply. The deadline is 20th January 2023.
Only applications sent through email will be accepted.
ICTAZ is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply